Preparing for the Future
Everyone, regardless of the type of assets they have, should consider creating an estate plan to ensure their loved ones are taken care of in the aftermath of their passing. Without an estate plan in place, conflict is likely to erupt over who will receive your assets. At Pearson Bollman Law in Iowa, our estate planning team has decades of experience in estate planning and is committed to helping clients plan for the future.
Reach out to our law office today at (515) 298-8850 to set up a case review with a knowledgeable estate planning and probate attorney to get started!
Important Elements of an Estate Plan
Every estate plan is unique to the needs of the individual creating it. What you need from your estate plan may not necessarily mirror someone else’s needs.
Here are some important documents you should consider including in your estate plan:
- Will: Most of us have heard of a will, but not everyone understands what it can do. In addition to outlining how you wish for your assets to be distributed, a will also gives you the ability to name a guardian for minor children.
- Trust: A trust is a lot like a will. However, with a trust, you can successfully avoid going through the probate process.
- Healthcare power of attorney: If you were to become physically or mentally incapacitated and unable to care for your needs or make decisions, having a healthcare power of attorney can play an essential part in ensuring your wishes are respected and your health care decisions are handled as you would have wanted them to be.
- Financial power of attorney: You can also designate someone to legally handle your financial affairs if you become incapacitated and cannot handle them yourself. Otherwise, it may be impossible to access your bank account and other property without navigating some very complex legal proceedings.
- Living will: Your living will can inform medical personnel about your wishes when it comes to life-sustaining procedures when you cannot state these preferences yourself.
With our team’s assistance, you can rest assured you will create the most effective estate plan for your needs and goals.
Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Estate Planning and Probate Attorney Today!
At Pearson Bollman Law in Iowa, our estate planning and probate team can help you prepare for the future and ensure your wishes are respected. No matter how healthy or young you are, it is never too soon to get started on creating an estate plan.
Reach out to our law office today at (515) 298-8850 to request a case evaluation with one of our attorneys to learn more about what we can do for you.
With decades of experience between our attorneys and staff in estate planning and elder law, we are a premier Iowa law firm that has the skills you need in your corner.
With 5 offices located throughout the state of Iowa, you will always have access to our team when you have questions or concerns about your case.
We not only provide free initial consultations for our planning services, but most matters have fixed fees so you understand exactly what you get and how much it costs from the very beginning.
When it comes to estate planning, we have a well-defined process that is tried and true, working well for thousands of clients in the past.