Supporting the Legal Needs of Iowans
Many do not think to plan until it is too late. If you were to suddenly become unable to communicate, who would take care of your day-to-day affairs? Would anyone be able to pay your bills or decide what medical care you would receive? If you were to pass away, what would become of your children? Who would receive your assets?
Estate planning and other legal services can help you answer these questions, protecting both you and your loved ones. Our Cedar Rapids estate planning lawyers at Pearson Bollman Law have helped thousands of Iowa clients build robust estate plans that protect their futures. Our estate planning team can work with you directly to identify your estate planning goals and strategize on how to most efficiently and effectively accomplish them.
No matter the type or complexity of your problem, our team will give your estate planning case the complete, attentive support it deserves.
Clients turn to Pearson Bollman Law for our professional experience and knowledge of the law because we have a stellar reputation for delivering top-notch representation both in and out of the courtroom.
We offer a full suite of legal services at affordable, fixed fees. Our estate planning team can work with you to build a plan that will suit your budget. Our firm can also provide legal assistance throughout Iowa, with 5 offices conveniently located throughout the state.
Our Cedar Rapids estate planning attorneys can assist you with:
- Estate Planning. We are committed to helping Iowans protect themselves and their loved ones through proactive, effective planning. We also believe that it is never too early to start estate planning, as the institution’s tools can often work to protect those who are young and healthy. Our firm can assist with the creation, review, and updating of a wide variety of estate planning tools, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, conservatorships, guardianships, advanced healthcare directives, and more.
- Trust Administration. Trusts can be tremendously useful tools to protect wealth from probate and taxation, but they also require sufficient levels of maintenance and administration. Many grantors choose to operate as their own trustees while they are alive, but a successor trustee will need to be appointed once you become unable to communicate or pass away. Our firm can take some of the guesswork and risks out of choosing the appropriate successor trustee. We can work to ensure the efficient management of the trust and the prompt distribution of assets in accordance with your wishes.
- Probate. Every estate will need to go through some manner of probate. Many understandably seek to avoid probate as much as possible, as the process is notorious for delays and ballooning costs that can quickly decimate an otherwise healthy estate. We can help you proactively minimize probate’s impact on your assets through estate planning as well as help you resolve conflicts that emerge during the process. If you have been appointed as an executor or administrator to a loved one’s estate, you will be expected to handle numerous complex responsibilities in tallying and appraising their assets, notifying the appropriate parties, settling debts, and distributing assets. Our team is familiar with the ins and outs of Iowa probate and can help you efficiently and accurately manage your role as personal representative.
- Estate Disputes. Conflicts often emerge during the probate process, especially when a loved one’s livelihood is on the line. These types of disputes often involve objecting to the legitimacy of a last will and testament, and the probate process – as well as any distribution of assets -w ill not be able to continue until they are resolved. We can assist you in navigating probate disputes involving wills. Our team can also help you with disputes involving the management of trusts, conservatorships and guardianships, those breaching their fiduciary duties, and elder abuse.
- Medicaid Planning and Elder Law. Long-term care can be outrageously expensive in Iowa, leaving seniors looking to explore nursing homes or assisted living care in a tough spot. Many worry they will need to effectively liquidate their retirement savings and nest eggs to fund late-in-life care, consequently denying their children and loved ones any access to the wealth that they worked hard to build. We can help you avoid this unfortunate scenario by avoiding alternative solutions that can accommodate the rising costs of long-term care. This includes exploring eligibility for Medicaid, the government benefits program that can cover many long-term care expenses.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Our estate planning team is invested in both the short- and long-term success of our clients. Our estate planning lawyers at Pearson Bollman Law in Cedar Rapids, will support you through every step of your journey with us and will do everything possible to help you overcome any obstacles that we encounter. Whether you are looking to bring litigation in a estate or need assistance objecting to an inauthentic will, our estate planning team is ready to provide the legal services that will help you accomplish your goals.
Learn more about how our affordable and accessible legal services can benefit you by calling (319) 214-6308 or contact us online.
With decades of experience between our attorneys and staff in estate planning and elder law, we are a premier Iowa law firm that has the skills you need in your corner.
With 5 offices located throughout the State of Iowa, you will always have access to our team when you have questions or concerns about your case.
We not only provide free initial consultations for our planning services, but most matters have fixed fees so you understand exactly what you get and how much it costs from the very beginning.
When it comes to estate planning, we have a well-defined process that is tried and true, working well for thousands of clients in the past.
I would recommend Pearson Bollman Law for estate planning.