Matthew BollmanAttorneyExperienced West Des Moines Attorney Matt grew up in Northeast Iowa. Upon graduating from the University of Denver College of Law in 2000, he moved to Seattle, Washington, and then to Phoenix, Arizona. Matt and his family moved back to Iowa in 2008 to ...
Chad EichornAttorneyChad grew up in Ames, Iowa. Prior to his career as an attorney, Chad was a minister for 10 years in local churches and denominational administration. Chad lives in West Des Moines with his wife, Sarah, and two boys, Walker and Max. Chad’s practice focuses ...
Thad MurphyAttorneyA northeast Iowa native, Thad grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of West Union, Iowa. After graduating from the University of Iowa College of Law, he practiced for three years in Davenport, Iowa, and has practiced since 2003 in Dubuque, Iowa. He has ...
Alec ModrickAttorneyAlec was born and raised in Iowa City, Iowa. In law school, he had the opportunity to be an Associate Note Editor on the Transnational Law and Contemporary Issues journal. After graduating from law school, he practiced law in Charles City, Iowa for over ...
Proudly Serving Clients in West Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Bettendorf, Dubuque, Okoboji and Throughout the State of Iowa
Pearson Bollman Law has assisted thousands of families with their estate and elder law planning. We are committed to helping Iowans plan for everything they own and everyone they love, utilizing legal tools to give them the confidence that their futures are safe and protected.
We can help you with all of your estate planning and litigation needs. In meeting with our team, we will review the facts of your case, answer your questions, address any early concerns, and define your objectives. From there, we will together explore potential legal solutions that can accomplish your goals.
Schedule your initial consultation by calling (515) 298-8850 or contacting us online.
Our firm can assist you with:
- Estate Planning. Proactive planning is essential to protecting your assets, your loved ones, and yourself. A strong estate plan will safeguard your interests while you are alive and after you are gone. Our team can assist you with the drafting, reviewing, and updating of critical estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, advanced healthcare directives, powers of attorney, and more.
- Trust Administration. Successor trustees assume control of a trust when the original grantor and trustee passes away or becomes unable to communicate. These positions come with a tremendous level of responsibility to fulfilling the responsibilities associated with the trust. We can serve as your successor trustee and effectively fulfill all related obligations.
- Probate. We can assist both executors and administrators through the complex and sometimes protracted process of settling a loved one’s estate. This can include validating the will, notifying beneficiaries and creditors, inventorying assets, settling debts, and distributing property.
- Estate Disputes. Many estate disputes involving objecting to the authenticity of a will. We can assist you with bringing formal objections and even litigation in a number of areas, including wills and trusts, conservatorships and guardianships, and fiduciary relationships. Our team can also assist you with delicate situations involving suspected elder abuse.
- Medicaid Planning. Long-term care for elderly individuals can be prohibitively expensive for many Iowans. Medicaid benefits can often cover some or all of these expenses, but qualifying and maintaining eligibility can be extremely difficult. Our team can work with your family to develop a long-term plan for your loved one’s care and guide you through any application processes.
- VA Pension Planning. As VA-accredited attorneys, we represent veterans and the surviving spouses of veterans to ensure they are receiving the maximum award amount for their pension. Our team can work with you to determine what you may be entitled to receive.
Learn more about our firm’s services by calling (515) 298-8850 or contacting us online.
Our lawyers have many years of experience helping clients navigate matters of estate planning, elder law, and litigation. Each member of our team brings their unique skills to the table and diversifies the perspectives and approaches our firm offers.
To learn more about our attorneys, please visit their individual pages:
Meet Our Staff
The staff that works at Pearson Bollman Law are all dedicated to helping you and your family prepare for the future.
Learn about other members of our staff on their pages:
Our attorneys provide a full suite of services for both legal planning and litigation. We can assist you in a wide variety of areas, no matter your individual situation’s size or complexity.
I would recommend Pearson Bollman Law for estate planning.
Dedicated to Helping You and Your FamilyWhat Makes Us Different
With decades of experience between our attorneys and staff in estate planning and elder law, we are a premier Iowa law firm that has the skills you need in your corner.
With 5 offices located throughout the State of Iowa, you will always have access to our team when you have questions or concerns about your case.
We not only provide free initial consultations for our planning services, but most matters have fixed fees so you understand exactly what you get and how much it costs from the very beginning.
When it comes to estate planning, we have a well-defined process that is tried and true, working well for thousands of clients in the past.